Locate the SDM agent.cfg file
- Navigate to the installation directory of the SIFWorks Directory Manager (SDM) agent.
- Locate the file named "agent.cfg" there will only be one file with that name.
If you see Edustructures.DirectortyAgent_stamp on the second line of the agent.cfg file you can be sure that you have the correct file.
<agent id="DirectoryManagerIA2012Test" sifVersion="2.4" SIFAgent_stamp="188.8.131.52" Edustructures.DirectoryAgent_stamp="184.108.40.206">
- This file will need to be uploaded via the Dropbox File Request link. You can either open the Dropbox File request link on the server that has your SDM Agent on it or you can copy the agent.cfg file to your personal computer.
Upload agent.cfg using the Dropbox file request serviceThe Dropbox file request service page will look like the following
To upload your agent.cfg file
- Click the button labeled "Choose from computer".
- Navigate to where your agent.cfg file is located and Click Open
- Fill in the form with your information and Click Upload.
Q: How can I find the SIFWorks Directory Manager Installation Directory?A: To find your installation directory you will first need to be on the server that has your SIFWorks Directory Manager Agent. The Agent can be configured on any server in your network but it is usually located on a Domain Controller server or a SIF Server that contains all of your SIF Agents. The SDM Agent will usually be installed in a path similar to the following. The Drive that it is installed on may vary.
If the SDM Agent is not installed in a similar directory as shown above, you will easily be able to find the exact path using the services management console.
- Click Start >> Select Run...
- Type services.msc >> Select OK
- Locate the "Data Solutions SIFWorks Directory Manager" service
- Right click on the service >> Select Properties
- The Path to executable location on the General tab will let you know where the Installation Directory is.
The agent.cfg file will be in the same directory as the Once you have this information you will be able to follow this tech note from the beginning.
Q: I cannot find a service named "Data Solutions SIFWorks Directory Manager"?A: Older versions of the SDM Agent used a service named "Edustructures SIFWorks Directory Manager". You will want to check for that service if you are unable to find a service named "Data Solutions SIFWorks Directory Manager".
If you are unable to find either of these services then the SDM Agent is not installed on this server you will need to check another server you may think that the SDM Agent is installed on.