Download the newest version of the SIFWorks Directory Manager (SDM) Agent
- Click on the products tab
- Click on the Pearson SDM tab in My Products section
- Click on the download Icon next to latest version of the 'SIFWorks Directory Manager - Installer’
Sometimes the .exe extension will be removed from the installer after downloaded. Verify that the installer that was downloaded has the .exe extension before trying to run the installer.
Shutdown and backup your current installation
Log into the machine running your SIFWorks Directory Manager Agent
Shutdown the Agent and exit the console
- Double click the the SIFWorks Directory Agent Console in the system tray
- Click Connect
- Click File >> Shutdown Agent
- After the agent closes, Right Click on the Console in the system tray
- Click Exit Console
Making a backup of your Agent
- Navigate to where your agent is installed. If you are unsure of where your agent is installed refer to the locate the install directory down below.
- Right click on the parent directory that contains all of the files containing your SDM Program files >> Send to >> Click Compressed (zipped) Folder.
- Move this back up to a safe place.
Locate the install directory (optional)
If you were not able to find your install directory you can locate it by following the steps below.
- Click Start >> Run…
- Type services.msc >> Click Ok
- Locate the Data Solutions SIFWorks Directory Manager service >> Right click on the service >> Select Properties
- The SDM Agent install location can be found under the 'Path to executable:' Section
Run the installer over the top of your current Installation
To update your SDM Agent all you need to do now is run the installation file that was previously downloaded.
Run the installer
Run through the installer reading each step. The steps that you will want to pay extra close attention to are
Most of the time the agent will be able to see where the previous installation was but you will want to double check that it is correct.
Setting the User Credentials
When you put the Domain Admin credentials in it is important that you put in the domain that we will be connecting to followed by a back slash and then the username (example SMD.Test.k12.ut.us\SIFAdmin)
If you are unsure of what to put in here select 'Do not set application credentials' for now and you can take care of it after the installation process.
Because we are upgrading the agent you will already have a database. You will want to make sure that you connect to the existing database and not install a new instance.
There is a good chance that you are using the default settings so after selecting 'Use an existing SQL Server of MSDE instance’ try hitting next on the screen with all of the predefined Database information.
If you are not able to connect using the default settings you can find the Database information in the Agent.cfg file located in the installation directory. The database information will be between the <database> and </database> tags.
Setting up Cloud Connect for Google and Office 365
If you have a license for the cloud connect option for google or office 365 please follow the Cloud Connect Plugin Guide to insure that you are running the latest version of the cloud connect plugins.
I do not see any zones in my management console.
Go to your services and check the 'Path to executable' section of your Destiny SIF Agent service. Verify that the installation was correctly installed over the top of your old agent.
If you noticed that you have made a mistake re run the installation and select the correct path. You should delete the previous installation to avoid future confusion.
Setting the Service to run as a Domain Admin
If you selected 'Do not set application credentials’ during the installation process or would like to change the user that the service is running as you can do so by
- Opening the services window mentioned above
- Right clicking on the Data Solutions SIFWorks Directory Manager service >> Click Properties
- Select the Log On tab
- Select the Radio button next to "This account" and you will be able to put in your domain admin account credentials.
If you have any questions or run into any problems, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.